.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, January 16, 2006

 

Forget it, Jake, it's.....

Proof, if more proof were needed, that the city government of the City of Los Angeles consists almost exclusively of crooks.

In other news, water is wet, fire is hot, the Pope is a Catholic, and our investigative team has a Shock Revelation concerning the personal hygiene habits of bears.

(I needn't give myself airs; it's not so long ago that half the city council of my "beloved" hometown of Necktie, Greater Glasgow, were busted for dealing drugs out of high school classrooms. What made it worse is that they had built the high school themselves, in the deserted part of town next to the airport; and when the public auditors started asking embarrassing questions along the lines of So, baillie, ye built a school wi' nae bairns tae learn in it? Whit were ye thinkin'?, the city council then tried to shut down several schools on the other side of town so that their students could be moved to their, ahem, Kwik-E-Mart. I swear to God I am not making this up. I wish I was.)

Seriously, the abuse of eminent domain is one of the cruellest and most despicable acts that can be committed by a government; I hope everyone responsible burns in Hell. (Which, for an LA public employee, is pretty much a foregone conclusion...)

H/T the bootylicious Sondra. And BTW, Polanski fans will find a grim Easter Egg in the tenth graf of the KTLA story linked above. Chinatown, indeed.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?